TARGET GROUP | Officials at central banks and supervisory agencies for the financial sector who are involved in the collection, compilation, and analysis of financial soundness indicators (FSIs). Participants should have a degree in economics or statistics or equivalent experience.
DESCRIPTION | This virtual course, presented by the IMF Statistics Department, acquaints participants with the fundamentals of compiling and using FSIs in support of macroprudential analysis. The course covers methodological and technical issues in the construction of FSIs, as discussed in the 2019 Financial Soundness Indicators Compilation Guide (2019 FSI Guide). The course takes an interactive approach using hands-on exercises in discussing the main topics as follows:
• Preparation of the sectoral financial statements and compilation of FSIs for deposit takers;
• Regulatory framework for deposit takers;
• Accounting principles and data consolidation for the compilation of FSIs for deposit takers; and
• Overview of key points and changes in the 2019 FSI Guide.
OBJECTIVES | Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Prepare the sectoral financial statements and compile FSIs for deposit takers in accordance with the methodology of the 2019 FSI Guide.
• Prepare or update FSI metadata using the concepts acquired on accounting principles and regulatory framework for deposit takers.
• Interpret FSIs for macro-financial surveillance
End: Feb 03
Sponsoring Organization: IMF
Application Deadline: December 15, 2021