All courses are scheduled to take place at the JVI. Courses may have to be delivered virtually in case safe travel to and in-person training in Vienna is not possible. The decision to offer virtual instead of onsite training will be made within 5 weeks of the course start date.
All participants are expected to follow our COVID-19 Guidelines.
TARGET GROUP |Officials at central banks and supervisory agencies for the financial sector who are involved in the collection, compilation, and analysis of financial soundness indicators (FSIs).
Participants are expected to have a degree in economics or statistics or equivalent experience.
DESCRIPTION |This course, presented by the Statistics Department, acquaints participants with the fundamentals of compiling and using FSIs in support of macroprudential analysis. The course covers methodological and technical issues in the construction of FSIs, as discussed in the 2019 Financial Soundness Indicators Compilation Guide (2019 FSI Guide). The course takes an interactive approach using hands-on exercises in discussing the main topics as follows:
• Preparation of the sectoral financial statements and compilation of FSIs for deposit takers;
• Regulatory framework for deposit takers;
• Accounting principles and data consolidation for the compilation of FSIs for deposit takers; and
• Overview of key points and changes in the 2019 FSI Guide.
OBJECTIVES | Upon completion of this course, participants should be able to:
• Prepare the sectoral financial statements and compile FSIs for deposit takers in accordance with the methodology of the 2019 FSI Guide.
• Prepare or update FSI metadata using the concepts acquired on accounting principles and regulatory framework for deposit takers.
• Interpret FSIs for macro-financial surveillance.
End: Jan 20
Sponsoring Organization: IMF
Application Deadline: October 23, 2022